^ Top

Future Secure Consultant

Trained British Council & ICEF Approved Agency


  • Why should I study abroad?

    Living and studying abroad will prepare you future life in ways that no other experience can. This is not just a trip to a foreign country—it is an experience that will help you to develop your skills, self-confidence and knowledge about the world we live in.
    Future Secure Consultant Ltd is British Council Trained consultant & ICEF Canada approved Agency?

    Yes, Future Secure Consultant Ltd is Trained and certified by British Council UK and ICEF Canada approved agency.

  • How can British Council training influence on my decision to choose a trained student consultant Future Secure Consultant for my study abroad plan?

    Being fully aware of educational opportunities available to international students Future Secure Consultant Ltd is in a much better position to recommend all study options available to international students keeping in view of their budget, education history  and career ambitions. As we all know worldwide leading education countries visa policies are always changing so Future Secure Consultant Ltd  being much updated about all recent changes can increase visa chances as compare to an untrained education consultant.

  • What is the valuation of UK degrees?

    British higher education is world class. The excellence of the teaching and research in British universities is acknowledged worldwide.

    If you study through any UK University International  Programmes, wherever you are in the world, you will be studying for a degree which follows the rigorous standards set by the British government for all UK higher education.

    The approach to learning that we follow, and is common to all British degrees, fosters independent thinking, analytical skills and self-discipline. This will give you an edge when you're competing for a job as these are skills employers value.

    Studying in English will enable you to improve your English language skills and give you a headstart in an international career.

    As UK use dependable assessment methods - including unseen written exams, with rigorous checks for cheating, you can be confident about the value of your degree.

    An independent body - the Quality Assurance Agency (QAA) safeguards the quality and standards of Higher Education and regularly audits the quality of UK universities

  • What are the entry requirements?

    Some universities have a General Entrance (or 'matriculation') requirement, a basic minimum set of qualifications that all students have to have.

    Most students will meet the requirements, but it is worth checking to be sure.

    The university may include an English language requirement, or require a criminal records (now called a DBS check) or fitness to practice check.

    Most universities will have some caveats to enable them to admit good students with unusual backgrounds even if they don't meet the General Entrance requirement.

  • What are the English language requirements?

    If you want to study at a UK university, and English is not your first language, you will need to take an English language test to prove that your English is of a sufficiently high standard. You will also need to meet the requirements of the UK Border Agency if you require a student visa (a Tier 4 visa).
    UK universities and the UK Border Agency have different standards, with the universities looking for a much higher ability in English. This is so you are able to make the most of your learning experience at university.
    Most universities offer comprehensive English language classes and exams to prepare students for UK university study. There are a number of English language tests available, with some more widely accepted than others.
    English language tests required for a visa:
    Before granting you a visa, the UK Border Agency (UKBA) looks for a basic standard of English. There are several tests and a full list of the minimum acceptable grades for each of them can be found here.
    As of 18 February 2014, ETS, one of the largest language testing companies, has been directed by the Home Office to suspend TOEIC and TOEFL testing in the UK for students already in the UK who plan to use their scores as part of their visa application. At this time, students already in the UK who are planning to apply for a visa may not use a TOEIC or TOEFL test to provide evidence of English proficiency.
    There is no change for students applying for a visa and testing outside of the UK. TOEFL and TOEIC tests taken outside the UK may still be used for visa application.
    English language tests required for UK university study:
    The standard of English required by UK universities is higher than that required by the UKBA.
    For students whose first language is not English, it is vital that their standard of English (reading, writing, speaking and listening) is high enough for successful completion of a degree.
    Degree-level study is demanding and you must have both the language and academic skills to be able to cope.
    UK universities offer English language courses as preparation before you start your university course, and they are on going during your studies. The universities want you to succeed and will offer you lots of help to do so.
    Different universities require different test scores and even within institutions, these are often higher for courses such as medicine and law.
    If you have been accepted for a particular course of study, the university will state what exam passes are needed before you start.
    Universities will state their minimum English language entrance requirement in a variety of different tests – IELTS, TOEFL, PTE Academic or Cambridge English: Advanced (also known as the Certificate in Advanced English/CAE, or Cambridge ESOL).
    What is  UK Tier 4 student Visa policy:
    Students coming to the UK under a Tier 4 student visa require a university or other UK educational institution on the register of sponsors to sponsor them. They also need to score enough points to be accepted as an international student in the UK.
    The following table is how the points system works for Tier 4:

    Requirement Points

    Having a valid Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies from a Tier 4 sponsor


    Funds to cover course fees and cost of living 


    The current system grants student visas for an initial period which varies depending on the length of the course. In general, a Tier 4 student can stay in the UK for the length of the course plus 4 months (for courses lasting one year or more) or one or two months (for courses between six months and a year). For shorter courses, international students are only granted a week to stay in the UK once the course has finished.

  • How is the University rated?

    British Universities do not have a formal ranking system but the government does take the responsibility to monitor and control the quality of education provided by each university through the Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education. The Government conducts a Research Assessment Exercise once in every 5 yrs. which determines the level of research activity in a university department. The departments are graded as high as 5* and as low as 1. General League Tables Prepared by newspapers likes the Sunday Times and Financial Times can also be checked.

  • What are the limit of age on Tier 4 student visa ?

    Tier 4 (General) Student is for people coming to the United Kingdom for their post-16 education.  Tier 4 (Child) Student is for children between the ages of 4 and 17 to come to the UK. Those aged between 4 and 15 may only be educated at independent fee-paying schools. Applicants aged 16-17 years studying on courses at National Qualification Framework level 3 or above have a choice of making an application either in the Tier 4 (General) Student category or the Tier 4 (Child) Student category.  16 and 17 year olds studying English language courses at level A2 of the Common European Framework of reference for Languages must apply under the Tier 4 (General) Student route.  For any applicants under the age of 18, suitable arrangements must have been made for their travel, reception and care whilst in the United Kingdom.

  • Do I Need Sponsor?

    Yes. All applicants under Tier 4 (General) Student and Tier 4 (Child) Student need a sponsor.  The sponsor is an education provider offering the applicant a place on a course of study in the United Kingdom.  An education provider will need to have registered with the UK Border Agency as a licensed sponsor.  They will need to meet the requirements for the particular category within Tier 4 and accept certain responsibilities to help with immigration control.  All sponsors are given an A rating or B rating when they join the register.  A ‘B’ rating is a transitional rating and means that the sponsor is working with the UK Border Agency to improve their systems.

  • Are there scholarships available?

    A good number of scholarships for overseas students are available from UK Govt,British council and universities or colleges. These are awarded solely at the discretion of the individual institutions who set down their own criteria for eligibility.

  • What study related routes remain outside of Point Based System?

    The following routes remain outside of PBS:
    Prospective Students - for those coming to the UK to finalise arrangements for their course.

    Student Visitors - for those coming to the UK for up to 6 months who do not intend to work and/or extend their stay.

    Child Visitors - for under 18s coming to the UK to undertake a short course of study as part of a visit of up to 6 months.

    Parents of children at school - for parent carers accompanying child students under the age of 12 to the United Kingdom.

    How much money do I need for my living costs? 

    A student without an established presence in the UK must show that you have enough money to cover your living costs for nine months (or the length of your course, if this is less than nine months). The amount of money you need per month depends on your location

    If in the UK for a course of nine months or more, you will need to show:

    • £9180 plus fees if studying at Inner London
    • £7380 plus fees if studying at Outer London
    • If in the UK for a course of less than one year, you will need to show
    • £1020 plus fees for every month or part of a month, if studying at Inner London
    • £820   plus fees for every month of part of a month, if studying at Outer London
  • What is an ‘established presence in the UK?

    You may be considered to have an established presence if:

    You are a student that has completed a single course of study lasting at least 6 months during your most recent permission to stay in the UK, which ended no more than four months before your current Tier 4 application, 


    If you are applying to continue studying on a single course in the UK, of which they have completed at least six months

    In addition to this, your current or most recent permission to stay must have been under Tier 4, as a student under the former Immigration Rules that were in force until 30 March 2009 or as a postgraduate doctor or dentist.

    If you have an established presence in the UK, you would only need to show you have enough money to cover two months.

  • I am a sponsored student, do I still have to show I have enough money?

    The UKBA will class you as sponsored If you are sponsored by your home government, the British Council or any international organization or international company.  If you receive full sponsorship for tuition fees and living costs, you need to submit satisfactory evidence of this to meet the maintenance requirements 

    If you only receive sponsorship for part of the costs, such as tuition fees and not living costs, or only part of your tuition fees, you must show evidence that you have the rest of the amount required not covered by sponsorship.

  • What is satisfactory Evidence of sponsorship?

    You will need an official letter on paper or stationery of the organization sponsoring you, showing the official stamp of that organization. This letter should contain details about you (name, date of birth), details about your sponsor, including contact details, and details about the sponsorship (the length of sponsorship and the amount that is to be sponsored/confirmation that all fees and living costs are covered by the sponsorship.

  • What are the required documents to show maintenance funds are held?

    The Home Office is very specific about the documentary evidence they will accept and the specific information documents must contain.

    The key documents that are acceptable are:

    Bank statements

    Building society pass books

    Letter from the bank. 

    Overseas account statements/letters (regulated by the official regulatory body for the country the institution is in and where the money is held)

    Letter from a financial institution regulated by the Financial Services Authority

    Letter confirming a loan. The loan must be provided by your national government, their state or regional government, a government-sponsored student loan company or part of an academic or educational loan scheme.

    The Home Office will only accept evidence from certain financial organisations in Bangladesh, Cameroon, Ghana, India, Iran, Pakistan, the Philippines and Sri Lanka.

    If you are providing a bank statement or letter from the bank, please see the sections below. If you are using any of the other acceptable documents listed above, please see the Home Office’s Tier 4 Policy Guidance

    Do not forget to include translations if any of your documents are not in English. There are specific requirements governing translations – if you need anything translated, please ensure you read the requirements carefully. 

    Bank and financial statements:

    If you do not have the funds in your own bank account you may use your parents’ bank account instead. In this case, then you will need the following as well:

    a letter from you parent/s confirming that you are their child and that they will be paying all of your course fees and living costs. 

    your original birth certificate (with an original translation if not in English);

    your parent/s financial documents

    Bank or building society statements must cover a 28-day period ending no more than one month before the date of your application and should contain:

    your name

    your account number

    the date of the statement/letter

    the financial institution’s name and logo

    the amount of money available

    If you are using a joint account you must have your name on the statement.

    If you are not using bank statements sent to you in the post (which will normally meet all of the above requirements) and you request a bank statement or letter at your bank, it must also meet certain requirements:

    must be printed on the bank’s letterhead;

    must include all the information above;

    must not be a mini-statement.

    If you are given an electronic bank statement from an online account

    it must include the information above.

    there should be a supporting letter from the bank on company-headed paper, confirming the authenticity of the statements provided. Alternatively an electronic bank statement bearing the official stamp of the bank in question will be accepted. The stamp must appear on every page of the statement.

    Letter from the bank:

    A letter from the bank must confirm funds covering a 28-day period ending no more than one month before the date of your application. It should state that there is enough money in the account to cover your course fees and living costs and include the following details:

    your name

    your account number

    the date of the letter

    the financial institution’s name and logo

    the amount of money available

    that the required money has been held in the account for at least 28 days up to the date of the letter.

  • What evidence do I need to show that I am related to my parent(s) or legal guardian and that I have their permission to use their money as proof of my maintenance?

    Evidence of your relationship must take be your birth certificate showing the names of your parent(s), your certificate of adoption showing names of both parent(s) or legal guardian, or a court document naming your legal guardian.

    Evidence of their permission to access their funds should be a letter from your parent(s) or legal guardian confirming:  Your relationship with your parent(s) or legal guardian and their permission for you to use their funds to study in the UK.

  • Which Tier 4 (General) students can bring family to the UK?

    You can bring certain family members to the UK as your Tier 4 dependant if:

    You are government-sponsored and your course is longer than six months OR

    You are doing a postgraduate level course of 12 months or longer at a publicly-funded Higher Education Institution or a 'recognised body' (see Definitions) OR

    Your current or most recent immigration permission was as a Tier 4 (General) student or a pre-Tier 4 student on a course longer than six months AND all four bullet points below apply:

    your permission is current or expired no more than three months before this immigration application AND

    your new immigration application is for a course that is longer than six months AND

    your dependants already have Tier 4 dependant or 'student' dependant immigration permission (or it is the most recent immigration permission that they had, and it expired no more than three months before this application) AND

    you apply for immigration permission at the same time as your dependant

    The other requirement you must meet is that you already have your Tier 4 (General) immigration permission, or you are applying for it in the same country where your dependant is making their application, at the same time as them.

    Tier 4 (Child) students cannot bring family members to the UK as their dependants.

  • Which family members can be a Tier 4 dependant?

    Your partner

    "Partner" means:

    your husband or wife

    your civil partner. This means you are a same-sex couple who has registered your partnership to gain formal legal recognition of your relationship. For information about partnerships in countries outside the UK that are treated as civil partnerships, see the UK Lesbian and Gay Immigration Group website

    your unmarried partner or same-sex partner. To be unmarried partners or same-sex partners, you need to have been living together in a relationship similar to marriage or civil partnership for a period of at least two years. You will be expected to provide evidence of this.

    In all cases, you must both be at least 18 years old when you arrive in the UK.

    You must intend to live together throughout your partner's stay in the UK.

    Your partner must not intend to stay in the UK longer than the period you are given.

    They must meet strict financial requirements. See the menu topic 'Financial requirements' on the left of this page for more information.

    Your child or children

    If your child is applying to come to the UK as your Tier 4 dependant for the first time, they must be less than 18 years old when they apply.  

    They must not have formed an independent family unit or be leading an independent life, and they must not intend to do so in the UK. Not living an independent life means:

    they do not have a spouse, civil partner or unmarried partner, and

    they live with their parents, except where they are at boarding school, college or university as part of their full-time education, and

    they are not employed full-time (unless aged 18 years or over), and

    they are wholly or mainly dependent upon their parents for financial support (unless aged 18 years or over), and

    they are wholly or mainly dependent upon their parents for emotional support

    If your child is over 16 years old when they apply, they will have to provide particular documents to demonstrate that they meet this requirement. The documents required are described in paragraphs 111-114 of the Home Office's Points Based System (Dependant) Policy Guidance

    Both of the child's parents must be coming to the UK. The only acceptable options are:

    both parents are making an immigration application at the same time and in the same country as the child, or

    when the child makes their immigration application, one parent is physically present in the UK, and the other parent is making an immigration application at the same time and in the same country as the child, or

    Each dependant must have a certain amount of money, held in a bank or building society account, or an account with an officially regulated financial institution. All dependants will need to have evidence of this, and in most cases, your dependant must produce this evidence with their immigration application.

    The money can be held by the dependant or by you. If the dependant is your child, the funds can be held by the child’s other parent, but only if the other parent will come to the UK too.

    The money must have been in the account for a minimum period of 28 consecutive days up to the date of the closing balance. The account must not have dropped below the amount required at any time during the 28 day period. Also, the final date of this 28 day period must not be more than 31 days before the immigration application is made.

    There is an exception to this requirement if a government, the British Council, an international organisation, an international company or a university is giving you money to cover your course fees or living costs. In that case, ask if they are prepared to give you a letter stating that they will cover the full maintenance costs of your dependant. If they will, then that letter on its own will mean that your dependant has met the financial requirements. There will be no requirement for them to show that they have any money at all in a bank or building society account, or in an account with an officially regulated financial institution. There are precise instructions about the format the letter must take in the ‘Points Based System (Dependant) Policy Guidance’. Make sure the letter complies with every one of those instructions. If they are not prepared to say in their letter that they will cover the full maintenance costs of your dependant, but they are prepared to promise them a certain amount, they should say in their letter how much they will provide for your dependant. That amount will then be deducted from the total amount of money that your dependant is expected to show in bank or building society accounts or accounts with officially regulated financial institutions.

    Each dependant must declare in their application that the money for living costs will remain available to them, unless used for living costs in the UK.

  • What amount of money is required by Dependant?

    The amount of money that each dependant must show is as follows:

    If you will study in inner London, £615 for each month of your course, up to a maximum of 9 months (that is, a maximum figure of £5,535). The London boroughs that make up "inner London" are listed in Appendix C, paragraph 12 of the Immigration Rules.

    If you will study somewhere other than inner London, £460 for each month of your course, up to a maximum of 9 months (that is, a maximum figure of £4,140).

    These are the figures that apply in most cases. However, if you have student-related immigration permission, which has not expired and

    you are applying for immigration permission to continue to study a course of which you have completed six months OR

    you have completed a course of study in the UK that was six months or more in length, within your most recent period of immigration permission

    then the amount of money that each dependant has to show is reduced, to £1,230 (if you will study in inner London) or £920 (if you will study somewhere other than inner London). However, the Policy Guidance suggests it will only be reduced in this way if:

    you the student are applying at the same time and in the same country as your dependant, or

    you are not applying at the same time as your dependant, but you did benefit from showing 'established presence' (and therefore only 2 months' funds) in your most recent immigration application.

    It is not advisable for your dependants to try to rely on producing the reduced amounts in other circumstances.

  • Can I work under Tier 4, or student visa?

    Check what your passport sticker (entry clearance or residence permit) or biometric residence permit (identity card) says. You can work in the UK if your passport sticker or identity card says one of the following:

    Work (and any changes) must be authorised

    Able to work as authorised by the Secretary of State

    Work as in Tier 4 Rules

    Restricted Work. P/T term time. F/T vacations

    Restricted work term time

    Work limited to max 20 hrs per week during term-time

    Work limited to max 10 hrs per week during term-time.

    Your passport sticker or identity card might say something a bit different from these examples, but you can work if it does not say:

    No work, or

    Work prohibited.

    You must not work if your passport sticker or identity card says "No work" or "Work prohibited" because this would be a breach of your immigration conditions and a criminal offence. The Home Office can check whether someone has been working by making unannounced visits to employers and by obtaining information from the tax department, HMRC.

    Student visitors:

    If you are in the UK as a student visitor, your passport sticker or the stamp in your passport will say "No work" or "Work prohibited". This means that you are not allowed to:

    take paid employment

    take unpaid employment

    do a work placement, even if it is part of your course.

    If you want to be able to work, you must check that you meet all the requirements of the Tier 4 student Immigration Rules. If you do meet these requirements and you want to apply as a student, you must return to the country where you usually live and make an entry clearance application there.

    Student nurse:

    If you made your student nurse immigration application on or after 31 March 2009, see information above for Tier 4 and student visa holders.

    Check that your passport sticker or identity card allows you to work. Check that it does not say "No work" or "Work prohibited". If you are allowed to work, your work must be in connection with your training course. The Immigration Directorates' Instructions are guidance for Home Office caseworkers. They say, at Chapter 3 Section 5 paragraph 5.6, that "persons admitted to the United Kingdom as student nurses and midwives are permitted to take employment for a maximum of 8 weeks prior to the commencement of their courses, at the hospitals where they are to be trained. Once their course has commenced, student nurses may take employment in excess of the 20 hours per week normally permitted during term time if such employment is a necessary part of the course and has the agreement of the education institution concerned. In these circumstances no further approval is required".

    Other types of immigration permission:

    If you are in the UK with some other immigration status, check what your passport sticker or any other documents issued by the Home Office say about employment. You can usually work without restriction if the only condition in your passport is "No recourse to public funds". If it says "No employment as a dr in training", you can do any kind of work except employment as a doctor in training, which would usually be on the Foundation Programme.

  • Can my family member/dependant do work?

    Your family members can work if:

    you are a government-sponsored student taking a course that is over six months long, or

    you are taking a postgraduate course that is at least 12 months long and you are studying at an institution that meets the UK Border Agency's definition of a higher education institution. This means it is a Recognised Body or an organisation that receives public funding from specific funding bodies. You should check with your college or university if it meets this definition, or the UK Border Agency's definition of an "overseas higher education institution" if you are on a study abroad programme

    If your family members are able to join you or stay with in the UK even though you do not fall into one of the categories described above, they will be able to work only if you are applying for leave for 12 months or more and your course is at degree level.

    Family members who are allowed to work can take any type of employment, except as a doctor or dentist in training if their passport or biometric residence permit states that they are subject to this prohibition.  They can be self-employed.

  • When can I make my application?

    Applicant can apply for a visa up to 3 months before your date of travel to the UK. We strongly advise you not to confirm your travel arrangements until you have received your visa.

  • How do I complete my visa application?

    You should complete your visa application online on the website Click here select an appointment date and time and make the payment online. Then print and sign your completed online application form.

  • Do I enroll Biometrics?

    When you attend the visa application centre, you will need to provide your biometric information, which includes a photograph and a digital scan of your fingerprints. If you have temporary injuries on your fingers, please wait until the injuries heal before your appointment date. You should also remove any henna on your fingertips, or allow it to fade, as this may prevent us from getting a clear scan.

  • Should children come to visa application centre for applying for a visa?

    Every applicant who is submitting a visa application must attend the visa application centre in person. Children below the age of 5 need to attend the visa application centre to provide a digital photograph, but are not required to provide their fingerprints. Children below the age of 16 need to be accompanied by an adult and this cannot be a member of visa application staff.

  • When can I make my application?

    Applicant can apply for a visa up to 3 months before your date of travel to the UK. We strongly advise you not to confirm your travel arrangements until you have received your visa.

  • What will happen when I attend the visa application centre for my appointment?

    When you attend your appointment at the visa application centre, you:

    Must ensure you arrive 10 minutes before your appointment (if you are late you might be asked to reschedule your appointment );

    Register your visa application

    Provide your biometric data.

    Attend the interview, if applicable

    The application will then be sent to UK Visas and Immigration for processing

  • What documents do I submit for a visa application?

    Your appointment confirmation,

    A valid passport or travel document

    1 recent passport-sized (45mm x 35mm) color photograph of your face, which meets the requirements in UK Visas and Immigration’s photograph guidance.

    A printout of your online application form signed and dated

    A printout of the receipt for the user pay services paid online

    Any supporting documents relevant to your application.

    Visa application centre or their staffs are not authorized to advise/suggest the category or comment on the documents and duration of visa issued.

    You will be asked to complete a document checklist on arrival at the visa application centre.

  • Do I need to have medical Test?

    If you apply to come to the UK for more than 6 months, you may need to be tested to show that you are free from Tuberculosis (TB) before you apply for your visa. Your application will be refused if your are required to have a test, but you either refuse or fail the test. 

  • Do I need to attend an interview?

    If you are a student applying under the Point based system (Tier 4) you will need to attend a short interview in the visa application centre. When selecting your appointment during the online application process you should select a Tier 4 appointment.

    For non-student applications, the UK Visas and Immigration may conduct interviews if deemed necessary during the processing of your application.

  • How long will it take to have my application processed by UK Visas and Immigration?

    This depends on the category of visa application, but UK Visas and Immigration aims to return 90% of non-settlement visa applications within 15 working days. UK Visas and Immigration cannot guarantee the outcome or the length of time an application takes to process; neither can it guarantee the return of passport and documents within a certain timeframe. This is due to the fact that visa applications are assessed individually and individual circumstances can mean processing times may vary and result in longer decision times. Therefore you are requested to wait until a decision on the application is taken since Gerry’s does not have any control over the processing times. The processing time for a settlement application is 95% within 12 weeks.

  • What should I do if I cannot attend the visa application centre on the appointed date?

    If you cannot attend the visa application centre on the appointed date, you would need to cancel your appointment and apply for a full refund. Please refer to Terms and Conditions and refund policy. Refunds are at the sole discretion of Gerry’s and will be in line with the refund policy.

  • Why could my visa application be refused?

    Prior to refusing your visa application, the UKBA will have assessed all the information you have provided with your visa application and any information they have regarding your immigration history, and decided that you did not meet the requirements of having a valid cas, sufficient maintenance or for other reasons such as your immigration history in addition to this they may call you for interview to check your creditability assessing  that your are a genuine student  You will be issued with a notice of refusal of entry clearance which will state the full reason your visa application was unsuccessful.

  • Can I appeal against the refusal?

    You will not have right to appeal, however, the process of administrative review may be available to you If you feel a mistake has been made by the UKBA in assessing your visa application. This will involve the reassessment of your visa application by a different UKBA official. Before commencing with an administrative review, it is extremely important you consider that: 

    The review process can take quite a long time, and may prevent you from being able to submit a fresh visa application in time to join the course if the administrative review is not in your favour

    No new evidence can be submitted with an administrative review – therefore, if the decision to reject your visa is based on the evidence you provided with your initial application, the review may not result in a different decision

    I have made a mistake in my visa application so I do not want to appeal. Can I reapply?

    You may apply again, if your application has been unsuccessful. You will need to be issued with a new CAS number

  • Can I get a Tier 4 visa for my English language course?

    If you have an English language test score that is equivalent to level B1 on the Common European Framework for Languages (CEFR), you may be offered a course with English language tuition directly before your academic course. This is known as a pre-sessional course. Where appropriate the University will issue you with a CAS that will allow you to apply for a visa to cover both the pre-sessional English course and your academic course.

    If your English language level is below B1, or you wish to study an English language course that is longer than 3 months, you will not be able to apply for a tier 4 visa – you should apply to study the course as a student visitor. If you wanted to study an academic course after this, you would need to make a new tier 4 application. 

    Duration of stay in the UK:
    How long will I be allowed to stay in the UK and after my course has finished?
    How long you are permitted to stay before and after your course, depends on the length of course you are studying and the type of visa you have. For tier 4 (general) see the table below:

     Type of course

    Length of course 

    Length of stay allowed

    Main course of Study (including Sabbatical Officers)

    12 months or more

    The full length of the course plus four months after the end of the course

    Six months or more, but less than 12 months

    The full length of the course plus two months after the end of the course

    Less than six months

    The full length of the course plus seven days after the end of the course

    Pre-sessional courses

    12 months or more

    The full length of the course plus four months after the end of the course


    Six months or more, but less than 12 months

    The full length of the course plus two months after the end of the course


    Less than six months

    The full length of the course plus one month after the end of the course

    Postgraduate doctors and dentists on a recognised Foundation programme 

    The full length of the course (up to a maximum of three years) plus one month after the end of the course

  • I want to study a work placement as part of my course – will this be included in the length of the stay I am given in my visa?

    If your course has the option of a work placement, you have the opportunity to stay for the additional 12 months of the work placement – however, in most cases this will not be reflected in the initial offer you are made and visa you are given: This is because we are unable to issue an offer incorporating the placement until the details of the placement (such as your employer and position) have been confirmed. Work placements are usually not arranged until you have commenced your course. Not all courses have a work placement component, so please check the courses page for further details.

  • Can I extend my visa once I am in the UK?

    If must have entered the UK with a valid student visa to study in the UK, you can apply to extend your visa subject to complying with the immigration rules. For more information on extending your stay, visit the UKBA website.

    A student visitor visa cannot be extended. A new application for a visitor visa must be made from your home country as you cannot apply from inside the UK. 

  • Should I pay a deposit for admission or receiving CAS under tier 4?

     Most of the universities require the students to pay 50% of the tuition fees in advance in order to reserve a place for them in the university. In any case we recommend that all students should make a deposit of 50% tuition fee as it facilitates in getting a student visa. For the English School, the student must pay for the Institute to get the CAS Letter.

  • Will I get a refund if my visa application is refused?

    If your visa is refused and you have paid a deposit to your institution for tuition fees then you will receive a refund of the deposit when you send the institution a copy of your visa refusal letter from the High Commission. A few institutions deduct a small amount usually no more than £ 250 for processing the refund payment.

  • Can I work in the UK upon completion of my course?

    International students in the UK have the opportunity to work in the UK once after graduating from their course – you would need to do so by switching into the Tier 2 (General) visa category as a skilled worker. In order to apply for a visa under Tier 2, you will need to find an employer who will sponsor you to work in the UK.

  • What is not allowed for students?

    Students are not normally allowed to engage themselves in Business or self-employment without seeking permission from the Home Office. They cannot legally become a partner / sole proprietor / Director in a business. They are also not allowed to work as a Professional entertainer / sportsperson or to take a full time permanent employment without seeking permission from the Home Office.

    For admissions please complete & submit our online Pre-Assessment form and for further detail contact our office or email at info@futuresecureconsultant.com